Good User Experience Starts with Simplicity
Do your customers like those fancy, artistic fonts on your website?
Font choices are all about ease of reading. In a University of Michigan study, subjects were asked to read instructions for a task. One group got instructions in a simple, clean text font. The other group saw a complex-looking font. Both groups were asked to estimate how long the task would take. The group seeing the simple font predicted it would take less than half as long as the group seeing the complex font. Hard to read fonts demand more of the brain and reduce motivation to act.
Optimize User Experience with Neuro Web Design
The instant your potential customers land on your website, they unconsciously make a quick judgment about whether they have come to the right place. That judgment dictates whether they will stay or leave.
From a glance of your website, they also make a fast evaluation of your credibility, trustworthiness and reputation. Neuroscience research has revealed that these intuitive decisions made by your visitors have enormous influence on whether they choose your company or your competitors. With competition on the internet becoming more fierce, consumers have more choices in picking the websites that impress them the most. User experience optimization is the ultimate way to separate websites apart. Do you know what your customers are looking for? Can you solve their problems or relieve their stress? Is your website easy to navigate? Do you offer valuable information?
- Why Your Website Download Speed Matters – According to Google, 57% of its users abandon websites that take more than 3 seconds to download. What is your website’s download speed for mobile devices or desktop computers? Our brain craves instant gratification. Your customers don’t have the patience to wait for your website to download. Websites that use large photos or slideshows are slow to download, degrading the user experience.Google uses download speed as an important ranking factor because it knows that slow speed means bad user experience.
- Do You Know What Your Customers Look for? – First impressions matter. You get just 10-15 seconds to convince each visitor to stay. If they don’t instantly see what they search for or they become confused, they will leave for your competition. Neuro web design that focuses on user expectations can dramatically increase visitor retention.A clean, simple website lets visitors see exactly what they are looking for. Look at Amazon’s main landing pages. The first thing visitors see is a search tool. It is used by most visitors immediately. Google’s home page shows only a search box. That simple design is a great example of user experience optimization.
- Is Your Website Useful? – Your potential customers have problems and want answers or solutions. Can you convince them that you are the right one to help them? Can you give them at least one reason to stay at your website? Talking endlessly about your company doesn’t make your website useful. Your potential customers are looking for solid information. They also want to know if your business is reliable and trustworthy. Neuro web design employs a wide range of cues, including images, headings and bullet points, to capture and hold their attention.Relevant emotional triggers can encourage them to browse more pages. Neuro web design is a powerful tool for optimize websites for best user experience.
- Does Your Website Offer Anything Valuable? – Google offers an optimized user experience by providing accurate search results. Amazon enhances its shoppers’ experience by making it easy to evaluate, compare and buy products. Do you have anything that your competitors don’t?Neuro web design prioritizes what products and services are the most desirable first. Then, it applies various design elements to keep your potential customers interested. The more they are interested in learning more about what you offer, the more likely you will turn visitors into customers.
- Does Your Website Offer Navigational Cues? – The easier it is for visitors to find relevant information, the better user experience they have. Most visitors want more information before making up their minds. Neuro website design makes it easy and intuitive to find additional web pages. Emotional triggers can prompt clicking of additional links.Well-designed navigational features and hot-button topics subtly lead the way. Let users choose their own paths through your pages by presenting clearly identifiable links.
- What Motivates Your Customers to Buy? – What triggers the buying decision? A well-designed website that applies Neuromarketing principles will make conversion easy everywhere. It will also make it obvious how to convert effortlessly. Evoke emotions and feelings to stimulate action in subtle but powerful ways.Social confirmation cues, discount offers, free shipping or add-ons, time-limits and scarcity are just some of the ways to convince visitors to act immediately. Conversion is always a fast-thinking reaction. After gathering information, making comparisons and weighing options, most of your visitors will act unconsciously to make that final decision. Neuro web design, along with user experience optimization, gives them just a nudge of encouragement.
Neuromarketing Enhances User Experience Effortlessly
Consumers are bombarded with advertisements everyday, everywhere. They’re skeptical and often suspicious. That’s why subtlety and finesse are so important to website design and content creation guided by Neuromarketing principles. Brute force techniques interfere with a positive user experience and can trigger negative decisions. That’s why just applying a few Neuromarketing tips from blogs often backfires. It takes expertise and experience to weave decision triggers seamlessly into a web design and its content.
For most businesses, hiring a Neuromarketing firm that specializes in neuro website design, neuroscience-guided search engine optimization, online conversion optimization, and cost-effective AdWords management is the best solution. It can make all the difference in your success in a highly competitive industry. The quality of every visitor’s experience directly impacts your conversion rates. User experience optimization is crucial in effective web design.