Neuromarketing Research Consulting Service
- Are you sold on brain-monitoring tests?
- Do you have difficulties interpreting your data?
- Can you spot worthless market research?
Over the past decade, businesses of all sizes have started applying Neuromarketing to understand consumer behaviors. Multiple companies specializing in Neuromarketing have sprung up. Some offer to conduct testing-based market research. Others sell hardware and software that let you conduct your own studies. All promise you new insights into your customers’ buying decisions.
Before you invest tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in this new type of market research, it is important to ask a few questions.
- Can your study answer the questions you have?
- Do you know how to interpret your data?
- How do you choose the right tools or technologies?
- How does your research translate into more sales?
Some Neuromarketing firms make it sound like interpreting experimental data is as easy as reading body temperature. In reality, nothing is that simple when it comes to understanding the human brain and consumer behavior.
Why You Need a Second Opinion from a Neuroscientist
Maybe you want to know which logo design for your company connects better with your customers. Perhaps you are interested in making your website design produce a higher conversion rate. Can you change your packaging to increase sales? What emotions does your TV commercial trigger in viewers? How do you price your products or services to motivate buying decisions?
Neuromarketing research can give you insights into consumers’ behaviors and make reliable predictions. Here are the essential steps in creating, executing, and evaluating such a study.
- Research Design – An effective, accurate study must answer one or a few specific questions. Researchers need to eliminate as many irrelevant factors as possible. This is easier said than done. If you are not trained in Neuroscience research, you can end up with a lot of data that is impossible to interpret.
- Technologies – What brain-monitoring tests do you employ to understand consumers’ decisions and emotions? Four technologies are commonly used, including fMRI, EEG, Eye Tracking, and Facial Coding Analysis. Is your choice based on cost or a deep understanding of the science? A Neuromarketing firm will try to sell you the whole battery of tests. What should you buy?
- Research Subject Selection – Who will be the people used as the sample in your research? Your subject sample should reflect your customer base. If you test a commercial for running shoes, you won’t choose swimmers as your test subjects. The more subjects participating, the better your results will be. Recruiting subjects is challenging.
- Study Environment – The closer the conditions of the study are to how your customers interact with your products or services, the better. In many cases, the technology used to conduct a study interferes with this. For example, in fMRI studies, subjects are tested while lying motionless in a large machine in a laboratory setting.
- Control Conditions – To be useful and accurate, every study must incorporate controls to eliminate alternative interpretations. Otherwise, the results can be completely misunderstood. A poorly controlled study can’t lead to scientifically valid conclusions.
- Data Collection and Analysis – The technologies used in Neuroscience studies create huge amounts of data. The more subjects, the more data. Statistical analysis is used to extract meanings and predictions. Experienced Neuroscientists with statistical expertise are needed to interpret the data.
Make the Most out of Your Neuromarketing Investment
Every year, thousands of well-designed, well-controlled, and meaningful research studies are published in peer-reviewed scientific journals. Most likely, your business doesn’t need to reinvent the wheel to repeat what has been done.
Dr. Terry Wu consults with companies of all sizes and in all business sectors. As a Neuroscientist and marketing expert, his experience enables him to apply research insights to solve real-world problems for his clients.
At a small fraction of the cost of completing even one study, Dr. Wu provides actionable recommendations based on multiple published studies that are relevant to your questions. Before investing a large amount of money in Neuromarketing, consult with Dr. Wu for a better understanding of the science and practical purposes. You will save time and money and avoid confusion.
Harness the Power of Neuromarketing
Since its introduction, Neuromarketing has helped businesses of all sizes sell their products and services with maximum effectiveness.
- How Amazon Applies Neuromarketing to Sell More? – Amazon understands how the brain makes buying decisions. It is exceptional in removing the barriers to purchases and giving its customers an easy, smooth shopping experience. From its website speed optimization to the design layout, it relies on Neuromarketing principles to help its customers buy more and keep them coming back. Its tremendous success speaks volumes about the power of Neuromarketing.
- How Do Your Customers Make Decisions? – The brain’s decision-making functions are complex. Even seemingly simple decisions involve activity in multiple brain areas. Neuroscientists can monitor the activity levels of brain areas that are activated during decision-making. Some decisions are made quickly and unconsciously. Others require active, slower thinking and reasoning. Those findings form the scientific foundation of Neuromarketing.
- How Unconscious Biases Influence Our Buying Decisions? – We make about 95% of our decisions quickly without analytical or logical thinking. When we think fast, we tend to oversimplify the situation. The fast-thinking brain has about 200 unconscious biases. Most of our buying decisions are influenced by these biases. As demonstrated by many successful companies, like Apple, Google, and Amazon, understanding these biases can boost your sales.
- Why Can Neuromarketing Persuade More Customers? – Human decisions are driven by emotion. Throughout history, only those products and services that create a strong emotional bond with customers have lasted. The emotional bond creates a good customer experience, which is what really people want to buy. Neuromarketing aims to create a great experience that makes customers want to buy more.
- Apply 7 Neuromarketing Techniques to Boost Your Sales – What words trigger more purchases? Why does a FREE offer motivate customers to buy? How can you increase your sales and marketing conversion online and offline? How do you price your products and services to sell more? How many choices do you offer your customers?
- How Neuroscience Meets Marketing – Neuroscience research has revealed many insights into how the brain makes decisions. Market research aims to find out how consumers make buying decisions. In recent years, market research powered by Neuroscience techniques has led to the emerging field of Neuromarketing. Neuromarketing has transformed marketing from an art to a science, making it more reliable. Application of Neuromarketing in the real world has produced astonishing results for businesses in a wide range of industries.
Outsmart Your Competition
We are a premier Neuromarketing service company in the U.S., led by Dr. Terry Wu. Dr. Wu studied neuroscience at Duke University and Vanderbilt University. He earned his Ph.D. in neuroscience at Vanderbilt University in 1998. He leads a group of seasoned Neuromarketers to apply Neuromarketing techniques to help clients achieve maximum results. We want to help you understand how this new scientific approach can empower your business.