How to Earn Trust Online the Simple Way
What can you do to make your future customers trust your website and your business? The answer may be simpler than you think.
Researchers at Southampton University discovered that websites that were simple, informative and easy to navigate achieved high trust scores. At the University of Warsaw, another experiment showed that complicated designs and hard-to-digest information lowered trust in the website. Trust is developed at the subconscious level. Websites designed using neuromarketing principles increase visitor trust through clarity and simplicity.
5 Ways to Apply Neuromarketing Online
Converting web visitors into leads and customers is the end goal of all online marketing, including SEO, AdWords and Social Media. Before a conversion takes place, you first need to keep your potential customers interested and engaged. Then, you need to give them highly relevant information for considering your products or services in a positive way. Finally, you need to motivate those visitors into taking that last step to conversion. That sounds simple, but making it happen is an enormous challenge.
The internet has never been more competitive than it is today. What neuroscientists have learned about decision-making can help you with every step on that conversion path. Simple, subtle cues based on that neuroscience research can make all the difference.
- How to Activate Quick Decisions Using Neuromarketing Techniques Online – Whether potential customers land on your website from a Google search, after clicking an AdWords ad, or via a link on your social media pages, they’re looking solutions to solve their problems. You have only 10-20 seconds to convince them to stay. Stop them in their tracks and convince them you have the answers and solutions that they are searching for. Using the wrong images, inappropriate colors and poorly written content will trigger their decision to leave right away. Having a meaningless confusing slideshow may make your web design company look “cool,” but it can send potential customers to your competitors’ websites fast.Useful information, subtle visual cues and simple layouts and foolproof navigational menus should be smoothly integrated into the design. The first things visitors see will either grab them or push them out the door. The brain’s fast-thinking process is on the job, making snap subconscious decisions. You must get its attention immediately or you’ll lose your chance.
- How to Activate Slow, Analytical Thinking for Exploring Your Products and Services – After making that initial decision to stay on your landing page, every visitor looks around. Does your website understand that visitor’s problems? Does it answer relevant questions to the searched products or services? Does your company offer high quality and affordability? A clean, simple design, with instantly visible cues will trigger the decision to explore further. Powerfully worded navigational links, logical information flow, and carefully selected graphics will guide potential customers’ attention to your products and services.The goal is to shift visitors from emotional, intuitive thinking to more analytical, thoughtful information gathering. Keeping potential customers on your website requires brain-conscious content that slows things down and convinces them to learn more. On your home page, that means making it clear what your business offers and demonstrating immediately what information is available. On landing pages, immediate recognition of highly relevant information is crucial.
- How to Use Hot-Button Topics to Inform Potential Customers – The content on your web pages should give your future customers the information they seek online. Clarity, simplicity and completeness are keys. What are the hot-button questions in your business? What are the secrets of your industry that most customers aren’t aware of? What should your customers know to avoid not getting what they are looking for? Get their attention with headlines and sub-headings that use emotion-evoking power words and numbers to draw their eyes and trigger quick decisions.Use easy-to-read text content to engage the brain’s analytical thinking system and provide relevant information. Break up text content with bullet lists, topic boxes, and other visual cues to avoid a gray wall of words. Provide clearly identified, attention-catching links to keep your future customers exploring. Lead them to additional pages with relevant content. The longer they stay and the more pages that they visit, the more likely you will create leads and sales.
- How to Use Social Proof to Inspire Confidence – Human beings are social creatures. They want confirmation that they’re making the right choices. That’s why consumer reviews and testimonials are powerful conversion tools. Help your potential customers follow a satisfied crowd, and your conversion rates will double or triple.For example, on a product page, a line reading “Over 400 delighted customers recently purchased this item,” can be a powerful conversion trigger. Showing five-star review numbers will have a similar effect. Highlighted individual testimonials or reviews are also effective. Online retailers like Amazon use these techniques constantly to increase sales. Reinforcing existing brand preferences, too, can boost sales. “Panasonic’s Most Popular Model,” for example, can trigger a decision to join the crowd and add that item to the shopping cart. Service businesses, too, can use reviews and testimonial content to convince visitors to become leads.
- How to Combine Neuromarketing Techniques to Achieve Maximum Online Conversion Rates – No single element on a website is the key to success. Instead, outstanding conversion rates come from applying consumer neuroscience across the board. People constantly switch between intuitive reactions to more analytical slow thinking. Every web page should constantly focus on retaining, informing and converting visitors into customers. At any point, any visitor might decide to leave the your website and go to a competing website.By the same token, every visitor can just as quickly decide to become your next customer. Interest-provoking content, such as images, headlines, special discounts, and product or service descriptions, should convince them to stick around. Every element on every page should be designed expressly to accomplish those goals. You’ll never achieve 100% conversion but every time you double your conversion rate, you double your revenues. Neuromarketing can help make that happen.
Online Neuromarketing Is Key to High Profitability
The Internet is only about 20 years old. In that time, it has been a fertile test bed for a wide range of marketing strategies. In the beginning, just about any website could generate a good flow of sales and leads. That phase came and went very quickly. Now, with billions of business websites online, competition is increasingly fierce. In every business sector in every market, each business is just one of many with a website. You either succeed in attracting, retaining and converting visitors or your competitors do. Success demands outstanding SEO, neuro web design and intelligent marketing that deliver leads and sales effectively. We want you to understand the basics of brain-conscious approaches that are used by the most successful internet businesses. We want to help you succeed.