What Neuromarketing Reveals about Buying Decisions
- How does Neuromarketing increase your sales?
- How do you better persuade your customers?
In a Columbia University study, researchers tested the “less is more” marketing concept. The study became an instant classic because its finding was counterintuitive.
They presented customers with two scenarios. In one, 24 fruit jam flavors were available for purchase. In the other, only 6 were offered. Only 3% of customers made a purchase when 24 choices were present. When just 6 were available, 30% made a purchase. When the brain faces too many options, it has a difficult time making decisions.
Drive up Sales with Neuromarketing
During the last 2-3 decades, Neuroscience research has revolutionized our understanding of consumer behavior. Increasing scientific evidence has shown that consumers’ buying decisions are influenced primarily by their unconscious emotions and intuition. This contradicts the outdated belief that consumers make conscious, logical decisions.
Neuromarketing has been widely used by the most successful corporations. Amazon, Apple, Google, Coca Cola, and BMW have become dominant in their industries. By taking advantage of advanced Neuromarketing, those companies are able to attract more loyal customers. They have proven that this novel approach to marketing and advertising works in improving branding and driving up sales conversion rates.
- How Does Amazon Apply Neuromarketing to Increase Sales? – Amazon has become the largest retailer in the world. Part of its success is due to a massive investment in Neuromarketing research. We’ve taken a close look at how this retail giant relies on science to boost its sales and marketing effectiveness. Businesses of all sizes and industries can benefit from learning Amazon’s Neuromarketing secrets.Amazon has done all the research and testing, so that you don’t have to reinvent the wheel.
- How Do Consumers Make Buying Decisions? – Do consumers make decisions consciously based on facts, reason and logic? Or do they make decisions unconsciously based on emotions, feelings and intuition? Neuroscience research has confirmed that we make about 95% of our decisions without our awareness.Our emotions, feelings and intuition are the primary driving force of our decisions. If your sales and marketing efforts focus on just facts, features and benefits of your products or services, you won’t be able to effectively persuade your customers to buy.
- How Do Unconscious Biases Shape Our Buying Decisions? – How do emotions influence our decisions? Our emotions create many unconscious biases. Those biases shape our decisions without our awareness. For example, fear makes us avoid taking losses. This tendency to avoid loss is the loss aversion bias. This bias causes buyers to hesitate or be indecisive.Knowing the triggers of this bias and how to overcome it can help motivate customers to buy.
- Can You Persuade Your Customers to Buy? – How do you use words and images to influence your customers’ decision-making? When words and images are used to evoke emotions, they have more persuasive power. Take a photograph as an example. Brain imaging studies have shown that some photographs trigger positive responses, while others have little impact.In marketing copy, the way a phrase is worded can motivate a potential customer to buy.
- Top 7 Neuromarketing Techniques Used by Successful Companies? – Would you buy anything online if free shipping or free delivery is not included.
Why do negative words, such as, “avoid,” “danger” and “lose,” trigger stronger emotions and fast actions?How can you use price anchors to help customers decide? How many choices should you offer your customers? How do you motivate customers to make fast decisions?
- How to Apply Neuromarketing to Increase Online Conversion? – How many leads or sales does your website generate out of every 100 visitors? Many business owners are shocked to find out that on average, only 1-2 leads or sales result from 100 visitors.Some marketing companies promise to optimize your conversion rate by using some fancy A/B testing. But the problem is that those tests are based on guesswork, not science. Conversion optimization requires an in-depth understanding of decision-making. This is why Neuromarketing makes a big difference.
- How to Sell More by Optimizing User Experience – How do you differentiate your company from your competition in a world where everything is becoming a commodity? The answer is to create a good customer experience and sell that experience. Why does Amazon attract so many loyal customers? The retail giant has been optimizing its customer experience by using science.Through reviews, ratings, best seller tags, 1-click ordering, and showing related products, Amazon has created a smooth, easy shopping experience for its customers.
- Create a Unique Customer Experience with Sensory Marketing – How our bodies feel has a strong influence on our buying decisions. A study shows that at a wine store, when classical music was played in the background, shoppers bought more expensive wines than when pop music was played.Harley Davidson motorcycles have a distinctive sound that is instantly recognizable. All our senses constantly interact with each other. Understanding how the brain processes our sensory information helps you create a unique customer experience. That enjoyable customer experience can translate into a stronger bottom line.
Enhance Your Marketing and Advertising with Neuroscience
Taking maximum advantage of Neuroscience discoveries in driving up sales isn’t simple. Just applying a few techniques here and there will produce only spotty results, or even a negative outcome when done poorly. For example, stimulating a website visitor to click through to an additional page won’t boost conversion rates unless that page also uses effective decision-inducing techniques. Neither will a powerful PPC ad that delivers a potential lead to an irrelevant landing page.
For maximum impact, advertising and branding guided by Neuroscience must be used consistently. Only then can they trigger sales or generate leads effectively. Amazon knows that. Facebook uses Neuromarketing techniques to maximize conversion on its website. You should follow their lead. We’d love to help.