Neuro Web Design Makes the BEST First Impression
- Should you use stock photos or real photos?
- How long does it take to form the first impression?
On almost all websites, you see beautiful stock photos with gorgeous models in them. Do those photos make a website more believable? The answer is No. Your web visitors connect with your business better when they see real photos with real people in them.
Most websites are only able to get visitors to stay for 20-30 seconds. Often, an average visitor’s first impression of a website is made in 0.5 second. The decision to stay or leave is reached in less than one second. The simpler the design, the less the fast-thinking brain must process. Similarly, familiar designs are better perceived than complex unfamiliar ones. Neuro web design aims for clarity and simplicity to grab attention and show relevance. The result is better visitor engagement and higher conversion.
5 Key Ways Neuro Web Design Drives Up Sales
Is your company’s website generating leads and sales? Does your website make your potential customers want to call you or buy from you? The untold truth is that most websites are built with similar templates. Nothing leads visitors to look beyond the home page. Web design concepts have fallen into a rut in the past decade, because they failed to understand what visitors really look for. The majority of web design companies simply use the same generic designs.
Meanwhile, hugely successful online companies have all adopted neuro web design to attract, retain and convert customers. Their design teams put Neuromarketing principles to work. Using data from neuroscience research and extensive testing, their websites perform exceptionally. Advanced SEO techniques attract hordes of visitors. Neuro web design and action-triggering content provide subtle, yet effective cues to convert shoppers into real customers.
- Why Your Template-Based Website Fails – Many websites don’t produce leads and sales. They fail to attract enough visitors, or keep visitors on landing pages long enough, or motivate shoppers to take action. A website’s design must do all three things well. Look at a major online shopping website, like Amazon.com or Etsy.com. You’ll find clean designs that immediately show visitors how to find what they’re looking for and convince them to act. Every visit to a website should trigger a steady stream of decisions. Those include deciding to stay, explore, and buy. Most decisions are made very quickly and unconsciously. Other choices engage reasoning and analytical thinking. Neuro web design employs all the knowledge learned about what triggers decision-making.Such websites use powerful cues to motivate consumers to take action. As a result, they generate more leads and sales than those built with generic templates.
- How Neuro Web Design Enhances SEO Effectiveness – Attracting potential customers to your website is a complex job. Roughly 70% of website visits come from search engines. However, getting Google search traffic takes more than keyword-rich content. Consumer neuroscience has shown people respond unconsciously to emotions, social proof and surprises when choosing products and services. Additionally, their analytical thinking feeds on good information about what they want to buy.Web content written for both customers’ fast and slow thinking has been shown to boost search engine click-through rates, visitor retention and conversion.
- How to Grab and Hold Customers’ Attention with Neuroscience-Guided Design – Can your website convince a new visitor to stay within 15 seconds? Most websites fail to do that. Neuromarketing research has demonstrated that subtle, yet powerful visual cues can instantly catch potential customers’ attention.Those cues also encourage visitors to learn more about your products and services. For example, eye-tracking research on actual websites shows where people look and where their eyes linger. Neuro web design puts relevant information and emotion-evoking graphics where they will be seen instantly. The longer your potential customers stay at your website, the more leads and sales you will generate.
- How to Feed Your Customers the Right Information – Keeping your customers from leaving your website involves activating their fast, intuitive thinking. What makes your customers decide to buy your products and services? Neuromarketing research has demonstrated that slow, analytical thinking comes into play. That slower thinking gathers information, analyzes it, and considers action. What information you provide and how you present that information play a key role in the persuasion process.As visitors scan through a page, activating words and concepts show them that the information they need is available. Neuro web design techniques can be used to lead them to slow down and read, or click links to see more relevant information.
- How to Close the Deal – Once a website’s design and content have captured a customer’s attention, the job of turning a visit into a sale can begin. Navigation links, informational content, and confidence building elements should follow consumer neuroscience principles for maximum impact.The goal is to generate sales and leads. Neuro web design leads your customers down that path. Conversion can take place at any time, but so can a quick exit. Neuromarketing techniques help tip the scale toward conversion by making your message more persuasive.
Boost Your Website Performance with Neuromarketing
Visitors who come to a website are motivated. If the page they land on immediately demonstrates relevance to what they search for, a conversion is very likely. If not, a potential sale is lost. A high percentage of visitors leaving the website right away is a sign of poor performance. The user experience begins in the first few seconds. Applied consumer neuroscience research helps your web design capture attention. Then, your marketing message and content can lead them on the path to conversion. Every element of a website design plays a role in generating more leads and sales.