Leverage the Power of FREE in AdWords Ads
Why are FREE offers, FREE shipping, FREE Samples or FREE trials so enticing?
Duke University researchers found that something that is free can trigger irrational behavior in consumers. In an experiment, they asked shoppers to choose between two options. They could accept a free $10 Amazon gift card or purchase a $20 gift card for just $8. Most test subjects chose the free card. Even though the $20 card was a better bargain, their fast-thinking brains failed to make a simple calculation. Using an attractive FREE offer in AdWords ads can quadruple your click-through rates and help lower your costs.
5 Neuromarketing Ways to Cut Your PPC Cost
Since Google has expanded the paid ads in its search results, the competition for more prominent AdWords display is getting fierce. Getting maximum productivity from those ads can cut your spending by half. Neuromarketing techniques can help you achieve that goal. The AdWords bidding and ranking system rewards effective ad content. Research has shown that emotion-evoking ad copy works most effectively to generate high click-through rates. With brief ad copy, it’s crucial to make every word count.
- How to Trigger More Ad Click-throughs – Activate unconscious decisions that involve avoidance of danger. Ads that prompt consumers to avoid risk of losing money get clicks better than promising future benefits.Lead off with words like “avoid,” “protect,” “don’t” or “prevent” to grab attention and stimulate the desire to act instantly. You want a fast, intuitive response. Limited quantities and time-based constraints also grab attention and increase click-through rates. The key is to identify a threat immediately. Neuroscience research shows that such negative triggers get double the response.
- Why FREE Offers Lower Your AdWords Cost – People LOVE free stuff. Neuroscience researchers have proven that such stimuli prompt fast, unconscious actions. Significant discounts and Buy-One-Get-One offers that lead AdWords ad copy have a similar effect. Headlines like “Free AC with a New Furnace” or “Get 25% Off Window Installation” are good examples of this. A Google user searching for information on furnace and air conditioner replacement or new window installation will see and click your ad. The goal is to motivate more click-throughs. Higher click-through rates can significantly lower your cost per ad click.
- How to Trigger Emotion-Driven Fast Decisions – Use emotional words and concepts in questions and emphatic statements to trigger an immediate response. You have only seconds to get the decision to click through. For example: “Does Carbon Monoxide Threaten Your Family?” “Don’t Pay Too Much for Flooring!” “5 Anniversary Gifts She’ll Love!” When searchers see your ads relevant to their searches, an immediate reaction by their intuitive thinking will trigger a click. It’s an unconscious response. If you can appeal to the viewer’s emotions, brain research shows that you’ll increase action significantly.
- Why Evoke the Sense of Urgency? – Use only tightly-focused ads that appeal to immediate concerns. Target keywords that people are searching for right now. For example, in the fall, trigger worries about the condition of home furnaces in ads for furnace inspection. Similarly, get immediate clicks in frigid winter areas with this ad: “Will Your Car Battery Fail This Winter? Get a Free Test Now!” Timely ads catch consumers’ attention much more effectively.
- Why Optimizing Landing Pages Can Save AdWords Cost – Every PPC ad should link to a highly relevant landing page. When visitors arrive on your website from an ad click, the first thing they see should echo the ad. Tightly focused landing pages give Google searchers a better experience.As a result, Google rewards you with lower cost and improved ad placement. Neuromarketing and neuro web design can help convert more of your PPC visits into leads and sales.
Integrate AdWords and Neuromarketing to Boost Sales
Pay-per-click advertising is just one aspect of your online marketing. Used effectively, it can be a cost-effective way to generate more revenues. In too many cases, businesses are haphazard in their use of PPC ads. That can drain marketing budgets without a positive return. Getting clicks on Google AdWords ads requires activation of your customers’ quick thinking.
Consumer Neuroscience research has led to discoveries that can help you write ads that stimulate emotions and intuitive thinking to trigger action. When that’s combined with applied Neuromarketing principles on landing pages, the results can be remarkable. The concepts are simple, but applying those scientific principles requires expertise, experience and specific testing in each case. Professional management of Neuromarketing PPC campaigns is a proven way to shortcut this process and achieve optimal results.