Optimize Your Web Conversion through Persuasion
How can you use scarcity and privilege to boost conversions?
When Google launched its Gmail service in 2004, it had to compete with the leaders, Yahoo and Hotmail. Google limited signups at first, only allowing invited users to create an account. Then, it allowed each existing Gmail user to invite up to 50 additional users. People saw having a Gmail account as a limited, privileged opportunity. They rushed to sign up. Google attracted motivated users and became the largest email provider. This strategy can work for you, too.
Multiply Your Conversion Rate with Neuromarketing
Everything about internet marketing comes down to just one factor: Conversion. From SEO, social media, and paid advertising, your goal is to convert web visitors into customers. Every conversion happens only after an individual visitor makes multiple decisions at your website. Neuroscience research has revealed many insights about why and how consumers make all those decisions and what influences them.
- Why Is the First 15 Seconds of a New Visit the Most Crucial? – A clock starts ticking as soon as a potential customer lands on your website. Within seconds, that person either decides to stay or leave. A disturbingly high majority of visitors almost instantly leave and go elsewhere. These quick decisions are based on emotions and instant associations. The brain responds unconsciously to immediately perceived cues. In unfamiliar surroundings the most common response is to flee. Neuromarketing techniques are most effective in triggering visitors’ unconscious thinking and convincing them to stay.This is the first step of conversion optimization.
- How to Make Visitors Stay Longer – After deciding to stay, the brain starts gathering and analyzing the available information. That process is much slower. Convincing potential customers to find out what you have to offer is the key to eventual conversion. Using eye-tracking, researchers understand patterns website visitors use to scan a typical web page. Neuro web design puts relevant images, action points and headings on the page where visitors’ eyes scan.Presenting web content based on eye-movement patterns has been shown to catch visitors’ attention and keep them engaged longer.
- How to Engage Both Fast and Slow Thinking – Consumers rely on both fast intuitive and slow analytical thinking to make buying decisions. Optimizing web conversion rates with neuromarketing techniques aims at activating both processes. A series of decisions is made as a visitor navigates a website. For example, the decision to click a link to another web page is a fast-thinking action, triggered as the reasoning mind seeks additional information. Hot-button topics and emotion-evoking images influence those unconscious decisions.At the same time, well-written, informative content must satisfy the analytical mind that evaluates product features, cost and trustworthiness.
Integrating Neuromarketing into Your Internet Marketing
Every successful conversion comes at the end of many decisions. Those decisions are made in every marketing venue. Pay-per-Click advertising, social media, and SEO can all benefit from our insights into decision-making.
- Why Emotional Triggers Can Boost Your AdWords Click Rates – Every Google AdWords ad will be more effective at generating click-throughs if it employs language that stimulates fast decisions. Power words that trigger an emotional or intuitive response will get clicked far more often than weakly worded ads.
- Why Social Media Reinforces Confirmation – Building confidence and trust in your business should be your primary goal on social media venues. Social proof cues are proven forces that drive your followers to your website.
- Why Neuroscience SEO Creates Better Organic Search Results – Google users don’t simply click the top-ranked listings. They scan the listings quickly. If words in the listings don’t connect with the users, they simply ignore them. Writing page titles and descriptions to trigger fast emotional responses helps improve click rates.
- Why Neuro Web Design Makes Every Landing Page an Effective Conversion Tool – All marketing efforts should lead directly to highly relevant web pages on your website. Every click-through should lead to a targeted landing page. Using neuro web design for retention and conversion optimization can turn more web traffic into sales.
- Why Internal Links on Your Website Can Lead to More Landing Pages – Whenever potential customers visit your website, they need to view several web pages before making a purchase. If your internal links are written to stimulate their interest and guide them toward conversion subtly, they will have a much higher chance to see more of what you offer. This conversion rate optimization approach is proven to generate more sales and leads.
Increase Your Sales through Optimized Conversion
No single technique will convert everyone. Each visitor is unique. One may decide to convert instantly, based on immediate, intuitive thinking. Another may convert suddenly after viewing a social confirmation element. Still another may have engaged more analytical thinking to absorb and digest information. Others will click internal links and do additional research. A well designed neuromarketing strategy can maximize conversion. For ideally optimized websites, conversion can be as high as 28%, or even higher. Most websites have a conversion rate hovering around 1%. If you can increase your conversion to 3% to 5%, that’s a 300% – 500% increase in leads or sales. That’s money in the bank. Thorough, expert neuromarketing conversion optimization can yield those results.