Neuromarketing and Sales Consulting by Dr. Terry Wu
- Are you losing customers to your competition?
- How do you avoid worthless marketing?
- What influences your customers’ buying decisions?
Dr. Terry Wu can help you apply Neuroscience to better understand your customers’ decisions. You can double, triple, or quadruple your sales and marketing conversion with a scientific approach.
Neuromarketing enables you to tap into the power of the unconscious mind to persuade your customers better. More importantly, it guides you to create an outstanding, emotional experience that your customers love to pay for. Some of the most successful companies, including Google, Microsoft, Disney, Coca-Cola, and Hyundai, have employed Neuromarketing to drive up their revenues.
Enhance Your Customer Experience with Neuroscience
Improving Amazon’s website speed by 1/10 of a second boosted its sales by $1.7 billion. Improving Walmart’s website speed by 1/10 of a second increased its sales by $244 million. These astonishing numbers demonstrate the power of good customer experience.
More and more businesses are switching from outdated, experience-based marketing and advertising to science-based Neuromarketing. Over the past decade, Amazon, Google, Coca-Cola, BMW, and many highly successful companies have developed new ways to persuade their customers to buy. How? They have applied Neuromarketing research to understand consumer behavior. Their growth has been tremendous.
Drive up Your Sales with Neuroscience
Since 2010, Dr. Wu has been consulting with clients in a wide range of industries to improve their sales and marketing. His Neuroscience-powered approach has empowered his clients to become highly competitive while avoiding wasteful spending. Here are the most requested consulting services.
- Market Research Consulting with Neuromarketing – Don’t reinvent the wheel by conducting your research without understanding the science. You can use many advanced technologies to study consumer behavior, including fMRI scans, EEG monitoring, Eye Tracking, and Facial Coding Analysis. Which one should you choose? How much do you plan to spend? Will you get the answers to your questions? Is your study design valid? How do you interpret your data?Dr. Wu helps you save time and money by avoiding costly mistakes. Consult him for a second opinion before paying for any “fancy” tests.
- Increase Your Google Speed Score by 1-5 Times – When your website loads faster, it gives your customers a better experience. That better experience will generate more leads and sales. Google knows that if a website takes longer than 3 seconds to load, 2 out of 3 of its users abandon that website.The website speed is a vital part of Google’s ranking algorithm. If your website ranks low at Google, check your Speed Score here first. Dr. Wu can guide you to increase your speed score by 1-5 times.
- Sell More with Social Influence – Why do Amazon and Google invest so much in providing reviews and ratings? Customers don’t want to take the risk of making their own decisions. They are afraid of making mistakes.Those reviews and ratings ease their fear of making a mistake. Using social proof, Dr. Wu can help your customers make their choices easily. That is the secret of Amazon’s strong growth.
- Pricing Strategies Guided by Neuroscience – When Williams Sonoma first introduced its bread-maker machine, they priced it at $275. Sales were dismal because customers had no idea what the price should be. When they introduced a higher-priced model, sales zoomed for the original model. Customers need cues and love comparisons before deciding what to purchase.How you handle pricing can make all the difference. Dr. Wu can consult with you on pricing to motivate buying decisions.
- Boost Your Web Conversion by 1-5 Times? – Many companies have tried SEO and social media but failed to generate leads or sales. Ignoring conversion is the same as heating a house while leaving open windows and doors.No matter how much you spend to attract visitors to your website, the lack of conversion can drop your marketing ROI to zero. Conversion rates are notoriously low on websites, ranging from 1-2%. Dr. Wu can increase your conversion rate by 1-5 times, boosting your revenues.
- Outsmart Your Competition with Neuro Web Design – Do you know what questions your potential customers have when they come to your website? Does your website look like your competitors’? What makes your potential customers want to buy from you instead of your competition? 98% of all websites are built with cheap templates. In contrast, when a website is designed by following Neuromarketing principles, it gives visitors a much better experience. That experience leads to more trust, confidence, and sales.Dr. Wu specializes in Neuroscience-guided Web Design to make your website stand out.
- Use Colors to Evoke Emotions – Google tested close to 50 shades of blue for ad links before settling on one that increased the number of clicks. That color choice gave Google a revenue increase of $200 million annually. Ample evidence demonstrates that background colors on websites and print materials affect readers’ cognition. Choose the wrong color for an action button on a website, and you may drive visitors away instead of driving sales. Color affects our emotions unconsciously. Dr. Wu helps you choose your winning color based on Neuroscience and Psychology.
- Employ Sensory Marketing – Customers’ experiences with your products or services depend on the interaction with what they see, hear, touch, taste, and smell. If you have a retail store, the background music, the scent, the product displays, the wall colors, and other sensory stimuli can influence shoppers’ decisions. Our five primary senses interact with each other without our awareness. Dr. Wu helps you create the best customer experience by understanding how the brain processes various sensory information.
- Scent Marketing – Did you know that major corporations have a distinctive corporate scent? If you step into any Marriott Hotel, your brain unconsciously recognizes where you are. It’s the same principle as a bakery using a fan to waft the scent of baking bread into the street. Real estate agents know baking bread or cookies before a home showing helps sell the home. Smell can have a substantial impact on consumers’ decisions. Scents powerfully impact the unconscious, emotional brain.
Major corporations, including Amazon, Google, and Facebook, have huge budgets and large amounts of data. They can afford sophisticated testing to understand their customer behaviors. If you own a small or midsize company, it is not practical to conduct expensive tests. Dr. Wu offers a complete spectrum of consulting services. He can help your business turbocharge its marketing using Neuroscience insights.
More Neuroscience Sales and Marketing Consulting
Each business is unique. There is no one-size-fits-all formula for Neuromarketing. Dr. Wu provides these additional consulting services to increase your bottom line.
- fMRI Market Research – Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) is an advanced technology in Consumer Neuroscience research. fMRI equipment costs millions, is in short supply, and requires highly experienced technicians and analysts. By reviewing and using existing fMRI studies that are already vetted and published in peer-reviewed journals, Dr. Wu can help you get the research information you need at a tiny fraction of the cost of conducting your studies.
- EEG Consumer Research Consulting – Many companies sell EEG testing as a market research tool. This technology has been used in various environments. Is it suitable for your marketing? Who will interpret the data? How many test subjects do you need? Can you use the result to predict your customers’ decisions? Very often, EEG is not the right tool, and its results are often inconclusive. Understand the science before paying for expensive but meaningless tests.
- Eye Tracking Analysis – Eye-tracking studies can give you insights into how potential customers view your marketing materials. However, while the equipment is not costly, doing the studies takes time, and making sense of the data isn’t easy. Consulting with Dr. Terry Wu gets you the information you need, along with design recommendations based on detailed studies of eye-tracking studies already completed and published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Facial Coding Analysis – Can consumers’ facial expressions reveal their emotions or predict their decisions? The answer is not definitive. This technology is not a “magic bullet” to guarantee increased sales. Understanding when to use this technique in your market research helps you avoid throwing your time and money away.
- How the Brain’s Biases Influence Buying Decisions – Amazon makes extensive use of cognitive biases that affect unconscious decision-making by the brain. For example, it constantly uses social proof through five-star ratings, plenty of reviews, and best-seller labels. Amazon effectively makes it easy for its customers to make fast buying decisions. There are dozens of such biases that influence consumers’ behavior.
- How to Apply Neuroscience in Marketing – Neuroscience research in recent decades has fundamentally changed how marketers conduct market research. Traditionally, market research relies on consumer surveys, customer interviews, and focus group studies. Because 95% of buying decisions are made unconsciously, consumers can’t accurately tell why they buy what they buy. Neuroscience research techniques are now employed to help marketers better understand consumers’ decisions.
- Outrank Your Competition with Neuro SEO – Is SEO just about techniques, rankings, and keywords? No, SEO is about understanding customers’ problems and buying decisions. According to Google, SEO stands for Search Experience Optimization. Your website’s user experience is a strong ranking signal to Google.Google will drop its rankings if your website can’t convince visitors to stay for longer than 30 seconds. By applying Neuroscience and Psychology in your SEO, you gain not only top rankings but also high conversion rates.
- Cut Your Google Ads Cost by 50% – You can drain your advertising budget quickly if your Google Ads campaign is not optimized for high click-through rates, maximum conversion, and low cost per click. If optimizing your Google Ads depends on trial and error, you will be throwing money away and never getting it right.Marketing and advertising are about emotion. Google Ads campaigns are no exception. Dr. Wu advises clients to achieve maximum results by applying Neuromarketing principles.
- Increase Your Sales and Marketing Conversion – Are your billboards, print ads, signs, and brochures designed to enhance people’s cognition? Using the proper layout, colors, words, and logo can increase your conversion by 5-10 times. Creative artists often look for something “cool” instead of what triggers actions, creates memories, and evokes emotions.
- Use Words to Generate Emotions and Trigger Sales – Twitter has demonstrated that short blocks of text have an enormous impact. But that copy must be effectively written and designed to stimulate action. Word choices, sentence structure, and focus all matter. In most marketing, the focus of content needs to be on emotion, not just facts and specifications.
- Increase Sales with Compelling Stories – All marketing should tell a story. Too often, business marketing focuses on the business itself. That turns customers off. Instead, make customers or clients the focus and tell their success stories with the support of your products or services. Identify their problems and present your solutions for a better conversion rate.
Customized Neuromarketing Consulting
Take advantage of this new way of marketing that wildly successful companies use. Dr. Terry Wu offers a complete menu of science-based consulting services. He gives recommendations that can help you optimize your entire marketing campaign. He also provides ongoing consulting contracts that let you call on our experts to evaluate and make recommendations for future marketing efforts. Let him help your marketing team understand the Neuroscience of marketing.