The Neuroscience of Sales and Marketing
- Are you losing customers to your competition?
- How do you avoid worthless marketing?
- What influences your customers’ buying decisions?
95% of consumers’ buying decisions are driven by unconscious emotions and feelings. Neuromarketing provides Neuroscience-based tools to create and deliver a positive emotional experience that your customers enjoy. You can drive up your sales by harnessing the power of science.
In 1999, two university researchers conducted a study at a wine store to see if in-store music could change shoppers’ wine selections. Their findings surprised everyone.
On the days when French music was played, French wines outsold German wines by 3 times. On the days when German music was played, German wines outsold French wines by 3 times.
This study illustrates how important the unconscious mind is in shoppers’ decision-making. Contrary to our long-held belief that consumers rely on reason and logic for their buying decisions, we now know that intuition and emotion play a much more important role than previously thought.
Neuromarketing enables you to tap into the power of the unconscious mind to better persuade your customers. More importantly, Neuromarketing guides you to create an outstanding, emotional experience that your customers love to pay for. Some of the most successful companies, including Google, Microsoft, Disney, Coca Cola and Hyundai, have employed Neuromarketing to drive up their revenues.
Neuroscience Helps Understand Consumer Behavior
Neuroscience investigates how the brain works. When applied to marketing, it tries to find out how the brain makes buying decisions.
- How does a product or a service affect emotion?
- What is the customer experience?
- What marketing message catches their attention the most?
- How does price affect their choices?
Today, brain imaging technology lets researchers look at brain activity in real time. Now, what parts of the brain are activated by a wide range of stimuli can be viewed and analyzed. Neuroscientists can even watch brain activity as individuals actively make decisions or experience a product. What we have learned is that consumers often make decisions without their conscious awareness.
Neuromarketing vs. Traditional Marketing
Marketing aims at getting consumers to make buying decisions. Understanding that decision-making process has always been a hit-or-miss proposition. Traditional marketing is founded on 2 flawed assumptions. One assumption is that consumers make conscious decisions based on reason and logic. Another assumption is the consumers can always recall why they bought what they bought.
Market research has been relying on focus group studies, consumer surveys and consumer interviews. Such research often produces misleading information about consumer behavior.
When asked by market researchers, consumers simply make up some reasons. The misleading information resulting from traditional market research has led to many costly marketing and advertising disasters.
During the past 2-3 decades, Neuroscience research has yielded surprising insights into how consumers make buying decisions. We know that consumers make about 95% of their decisions unconsciously without their awareness. Emotions, feelings and intuition have a strong influence on their buying behavior.
Harness the Power of Neuromarketing
Since its introduction, Neuromarketing has helped businesses of all sizes sell their products and services with maximum effectiveness.
- How Amazon Applies Neuromarketing to Sell More? – Amazon understands how the brain makes buying decisions. It is exceptional in removing the barriers to purchases and giving its customers an easy, smooth shopping experience. From its website speed optimization to the design layout, it relies on Neuromarketing principles to help its customers to buy more and keep them coming back. Its tremendous success speaks volumes about the power of Neuromarketing.
- How Do Your Customers Make Decisions? – The brain’s decision-making functions are complex. Even seemingly simple decisions involve activity in multiple brain areas. Neuroscientists are able to monitor the activity levels of brain areas that are activated during decision-making. Some decisions are made quickly and unconsciously. Others require active, slower thinking and reasoning. Those findings form the scientific foundation of Neuromarketing.
- How Unconscious Biases Influence Our Buying Decisions? – We make about 95% of our decisions quickly without analytical or logical thinking. When we think fast, we tend to oversimplify the situation. The fast-thinking brain has about 200 unconscious biases. Most of our buying decisions are influenced by these biases. As demonstrated by many successful companies, like Apple, Google and Amazon, understanding these biases can boost your sales.
- Why Can Neuromarketing Persuade More Customers? – Human decisions are driven by emotion. Throughout history, only those products and services that create a strong emotional bond with customers have lasted. The emotional bond creates a good customer experience, which is what really people want to buy. Neuromarketing aims at creating that great experience which makes customers want to buy more.
- Apply 7 Neuromarketing Techniques to Boost Your Sales? – What words trigger more purchases? Why does a FREE offer motivate customers to buy? How can you increase your sales and marketing conversion online and offline? How do you price your products and services to sell more? How many choices do you offer your customers?
- How Neuroscience Meets Marketing – Neuroscience research has revealed many insights into how the brain makes decisions. Market research aims at finding out how consumers make buying decisions. In recent years, market research powered with Neuroscience techniques has led to the emerging field of Neuromarketing. Neuromarketing has transformed marketing from an art to a science, making it more reliable. Application of Neuromarketing in the real world has produced astonishing results for businesses in a wide range of industries.
Outsmart Your Competition
We are a premier Neuromarketing service company in the U.S., led by Dr. Terry Wu. Dr. Wu studied neuroscience at Duke University and Vanderbilt University. He earned his Ph.D. in neuroscience at Vanderbilt University in 1998. He leads a group of seasoned Neuromarketers to apply Neuromarketing techniques in helping clients achieve maximum results. We want to help you understand how this new scientific approach can empower your business.